22-23 November 2018
In a two-day workshop we would like to foster interactions between SCOG groups and to promote the exchange of information on developments and challenges in the field of single cell epigenomics, including conceptual questions, experimental approaches and bioinformatics pipelines. The focus will be on the following technologies and datasets: sc-DNA methylation, sc-NOMe, sc-HiC, sc-ChIP and integrated interpretation of sc-epigenome data with sc-RNA data.
The two day program will include plenary and short talks:
Confirmed speakers for the plenary talks are:
- Christoph Bock (CEMM Vienna),
- Dominic Grün (MPI Freiburg),
- Nikolaus Rajewsky (MDC Berlin)
- Wolf Reik (Babraham Institute Cambridge, UK),
- Antonio Scialdone (HMGU Munich),
- Oliver Stegle (EMBL Heidelberg),
- Fuchou Tang (Peking University),
- Jörn Walter (UdS Saarbrücken),
- Warren Winick-NG (MDC Berlin, Ana Pombo’s lab)
Short talks by selected SCOG partners or their team members
Thursday, 22 Nov 2018 (10 am to 6 pm):
- 10:00 Introduction into SCOG
- 10:30 Session I: ‘Advances in single cell epigenomics’
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:30 Session I (continued) ‘Advances in single cell epigenomics’
- 18:00 General discussion
- 19:30 Dinner
Friday, 23 Nov 2018 (9 am to 4 pm)
- 9:00 Session II ‘Concept for the use of single cell epigenome data’
- 12:00 Lunch
- 13:00 Session III ‘Comparison to bulk epigenomics’
- 15:00 General discussion
- 16:00 End of the workshop
LOCATION and COSTS
The meeting will take place in Saarland, close to Saarbrücken. The Linslerhof is a wonderful spot with nice rooms, very good food and a convenient atmosphere for meetings.
Saarbrücken can be reached from Berlin, Munich and Hamburg by direct daily flights, from Paris (TGV 2h) and Frankfurt (ICE 2h) by train and from Luxemburg (1h) by car/taxi. We are happy to assist you in organizing a shuttle service or taxi from the airport/train station to the meeting location and back.
! Please note that accommodation costs will be covered by SCOG. Travel costs, however, must be covered by your individual institutions.
Registration is now open – places are limited (40 participants) and are awarded according to the first come first serve principle! Please register ASAP by contacting the SCOG management team using the reference line “SCOG-epigenome18”.
Participants can attend without presentation but we would appreciate/encourage participants to submit a proposal for a short (10-15 min) presentation (ideally but not necessary sc-oriented). The selected talks will be arranged between the plenary talks on both days. Please submit a title and an abstract to the management team until the 14th of October. The selected speakers will be informed in due time.